Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Oh, Peanut!

So, as I have mentioned to a couple of people, my kids have been a lot nicer lately. Nicer to each other, nicer to me, and hopefully nicer (or at least as nice) to others like playmates, teachers, etc. I'm sure there are a lot of factors at play, for instance, getting older, we've been trying really hard to read scriptures every day again after we lost the habit (ironically) around the holidays, and David and I have been taking a Love and Logic class recently and have been attempting to implement some of what we have learned there. And was there a full moon recently? Anyway, yesterday I jinxed myself . I was getting out of the shower and the girls were playing upstairs. I heard them playing together, without fighting, and thought to myself, "Gee, I guess it is about time for a third kid--this is getting a little too easy!" Ha! Moments later, Olivia ran downstairs to inform me that although she had been watching her sister, somehow Aubrey got into the markers (which are usually kept on a high shelf...hmmmm, who got them down?) and she was coloring herself right now to be a peacock!!! When I discovered the scene all I could do was laugh. There was Aubrey with marker head to toe, and I am so proud to say I actually had the presence of mind to 1. not yell and 2. take pictures! Breakthrough for this mommy, because poor Olivia probably would not have gotten such a calm reaction. Here are the pics of our little "peacock" (if indeed that was what she was doing as explained by Olivia).

Sorry for the diaper pics, folks, but that is what we get around here since the girls change clothes 5-100 times a day from one princess dress or ballerina tutu to another.
Other fun things about "the peanut":
She loves to be called that. We have developed a little game where we call her some other nickname, like "Are you a little...stinker/midget/pocket rocket?" To which she replies, "I not a ____! I just a peanut!"
She loooooves to sing "We are a happy family" and lately has been making up all sorts of "families" out of bath toys, chunks of peanut butter sandwich, stackable ring toys, blocks, etc., and then making those "families" sing the song.
She copies everything her sister does that is naughty.
Lately when she is throwing a fit or misbehaving, we say "Uh-oh! Looks like it's bedroom time!" which is followed by crying time in her room (basically time-out) until she is ready to come out and "be sweet." Now when we say "Uh-oh!" she says "I NOT SWEET!" We know, peanut, we know.
But really, she is sweet a lot of the time and we love her to pieces! Little peanut!

1 comment: