Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dawson's Big Day

The weekend of July 10th was a very busy but fun time for our family. I was so grateful that my brother Josh, his wife Helen, and my sister Miranda got to come up for Dawson's blessing. The Friday before we went up with my Grandma and Grandpa Harmon to our favorite spot in Kelly Canyon for a picnic dinner and visiting.
I couldn't catch it, but Dawson smiles and laughs more for my mom than anyone else. It is so cute that he already loves his Grandma Lori so much.

Miranda was loving on Dawson, too. I wasn't expecting her to be able to come, so when she walked out it was a great surprise.

Just about the cutest little boy ever!

David being goofy waiting for my mom to notice that he was wearing her sunglasses.

I couldn't resist getting a shot of Josh stoking the fire, as he always had a reputation in our family as a pirot.

Uncle Josh said he'd show the girls how to roast a marshmallow--I thought it was really cute.

They couldn't get enough of their Aunt Helen. I love this picture of them together! She is such a sweetheart and we all love her to death!

The little man on his big day! I couldn't decide which pictures were the cutest, so I included them all. You can see his dimple a little bit in this one. By the way, Gram Picanco made this adorable outfit and a matching one for his little cousin, Levi, who was also blessed the same day in our ward. It was special to get to do that together and to have so many loved ones there to support us!
Aubrey wouldn't cooperate and get in this next picture, but it is a cute one of Olivia with Dawson. They really do love each other already. I'm thankful that so far our kids love each other and get along pretty well. I'm sure it won't be long until she thinks he's a pest, but right now Dawson is Olivia's favorite person.

Daddy gave a beautiful blessing to Dawson from our Heavenly Father. I'm grateful that David upholds his priesthood so he can do these things for our family.

One more happy face picture:

Dawson is a wonderful blessing in our family. He is the most content baby, already smiling like crazy, and he has a way of making us all rally around him just to love on him. I seriously pinch myself every day to make sure he is for real, because sometimes I just can't believe I got such a good baby! It probably won't last forever, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leaving a post on my blog! I just wanted to know who all was checking in on us, I know there are some out there who will never admit to looking but I still like to know the ones who are close by. I didn't even know you had a blog, congrats on the big blessing day!

    ReplyDelete