Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Coupon Story and Other Funnies

For all you couponers, and maybe even you non-couponers, here is a fun little story. (Disclaimer: I get carried away telling my kids' funny moments to other people, so if you already heard this one, disregard--or maybe chuckle again.)

Olivia: (Excitedly) Mom, did I ever tell you how to get a dog for free?!

Mom: No, you didn't. (thinking--it wouldn't matter if you did--I don't want a dog)

Olivia: I saw it on PBS! You just go to this place called PS Angels (?) and tell them you want to take one of their dogs for a walk, and then when you bring it back they say you can keep it. For free! It doesn't cost anything! Nothing! No money, no coupons, no cans of soup, nothing!

Mom: (laughing) That's really free! Cool! (In the past few months we went to a pumpkin walk which asked for canned food donations and to a cupcake shop that ran a promotion where if you brought in a can of food you got a free cupcake--I'm assuming that is why my daughter now thinks soup is a currency.)

Other things that make me laugh:

Girls playing in the bathtub playing "mermaids" and singing "ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah" little mermaid style.

Olivia and Aubrey playing house. Olivia places foam princess chair on top of kitchen chair and lifts Aubrey up into it. I quietly observe from the next room. Olivia wants to "feed her baby." Aubrey (baby) does not want to be fed. She keeps trying to get down. Olivia keeps lifting her back up with increasingly loud and adamant demands that she stay in her chair, baby! Then, in desperation, thinking I am unaware of what is happening she yells to me in the other room, "Mom, will you get me a rope?!"

Olivia performing "Don't Stop Believing" and "Any Way You Want It" with great gusto. (If you haven't seen Glee you probably shouldn't--it is my guilty indulgence and Olivia now looooves the music.)

Aubrey playing with barbies and making them propose marriage, kiss, and go potty (the three most common actions she makes them do--can you tell we have attempted potty-training lately?).
That's all I can think of right now, but they really do crack me up every single day. I have good intentions about posting all their cute funny things each day so I can share and mainly so I can keep track of them, but we all know about good intentions, so...we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Funny girls! One of these days we'll have to get our kids together. I think London and Olivia (as you have mentioned before) are a lot alike. And we'll be in Idaho this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be great to see you guys when you are here! You'll have to let us know when you're coming and we'll plan something fun.

    ReplyDelete