Friday, February 25, 2011

Guess Who Came to Dinner

Last night we had a lovely breakfast for dinner--eggs and biscuits and gravy. I told Aubrey I was going to start making dinner, and she said, "Dinner! Yuck!" Then I told her what we were having and she said, "GRAVY?! I wooooove gravy!" Silly peanut. I was a little concerned, however, with Olivia's new best friend. She joined us for dinner last night and never said a word. She didn't even fold her arms for the prayer (although Olivia did try to make her). She is a pretty girl and always has a smile, but something about her just isn't right. Maybe Olivia enjoys being her friend because she'll do whatever she tells her to do.


Yes, that's right, she is a lifesize barbie. She is taller than peanut (although that isn't hard to do). Olivia got her from a friend in the ward who was going to take her to D.I. anyway but asked us if we wanted her first. Since then, she has joined us for meals, been dressed and undressed and dressed again, been sick and in the hospital, and slept with Olivia last night, which didn't turn out so well. I woke up this morning to a loud thud and Olivia screaming. I went in to see what was wrong, and she tearfully explained that she had fallen off her bed, and on the way down the barbie came down with her and kicked her in the head! Apparently sleepovers with lifesize barbies are not a good idea. But Olivia is a forgiving child. She still helped Barbie brush her teeth this morning. (It was a nice gesture from our friends, but I have to say--she freaks me out just a little bit. Oh well, hopefully the novelty will wear out after a while and she can go where she was intended to go after all ;)

1 comment: