Easter this year was pretty low-key. My mom and Miranda were in Vegas visiting Josh and Helen, and we had already had family dinners on both sides that month anyway, so we just had David's parents and my grandparents out for Easter dinner. I'm so glad that our families get along so well (or at least they pretend to;). It makes for lovely holiday celebrations at our house!
The girls in their Easter dresses.
Sorry about the lack of quality pictures--I have absolutely no photography skills--something to work on, I guess.
It seems like just yesterday Olivia was wearing the dress that Aubrey wore this year. Hard to believe she is getting so big! A sweet little Easter story:
Of course we talked about what Easter is really about, and tried to simply explain the atonement and resurrection to the girls. Aubrey for quite a while was very concerned that "Jesus died." She would walk around telling us that a lot. We would agree and then emphasize that now Jesus is alive. Finally it clicked after she went to nursery and they made a little handout of a tomb with a stone that could be moved away from the opening. Now she loves to take that handout and explain that Jesus died and went in the cave and then the angels moved the rock and He was resurrected! It is such a sweet and special privilege to be a parent and explain the amazing plan of the gospel to our children. It is especially rewarding when something they do or say lets us know that they are really learning it--and they are so accepting and trusting about that and everything--such a good example for me to follow. I too believe that Jesus died for us and that He was resurrected and lives again! I'm thankful that I can share that testimony with my girls.
Of course we talked about what Easter is really about, and tried to simply explain the atonement and resurrection to the girls. Aubrey for quite a while was very concerned that "Jesus died." She would walk around telling us that a lot. We would agree and then emphasize that now Jesus is alive. Finally it clicked after she went to nursery and they made a little handout of a tomb with a stone that could be moved away from the opening. Now she loves to take that handout and explain that Jesus died and went in the cave and then the angels moved the rock and He was resurrected! It is such a sweet and special privilege to be a parent and explain the amazing plan of the gospel to our children. It is especially rewarding when something they do or say lets us know that they are really learning it--and they are so accepting and trusting about that and everything--such a good example for me to follow. I too believe that Jesus died for us and that He was resurrected and lives again! I'm thankful that I can share that testimony with my girls.
Happy Easter!

No comments:
Post a Comment