A couple months ago we were out at my grandparents house visiting on a Sunday evening, when Aubrey came in the kitchen where Olivia and I were and started roaring like a lion on all fours. I said something like, "Good roaring, Aubrey! Good pretending!" After processing this for a few seconds, Olivia said to me, in a slight tone of disgust, "Mom, do you really think she's that talented?" I, taken aback, responded that of course I think Aubrey is talented--I think both of my girls are talented. Olivia, still disbelievingly, said, "Really, Mom? She doesn't know very much." (all the while shaking her head in disapproval) I think she was just jealous of the attention a little bit, but it cracked me up that she was so bothered by my complimenting her sister for a mere lion's roar. I do, however, think my girls are talented and so much fun--here are a couple of examples.
Olivia's new talent: There is no way that I could ever keep a hulu hoop up this long--pretty impressive to me!
And this may look a little familiar--we do have video footage of Olivia in the same tutu making her debut performance. Aubrey doesn't perform with quite the same flair for the spotlight as her sister, but she did accessorize a little bit more with crown and wand/microphone. The funniest part of this to me was what she was singing. If you listen carefully, she is singing "Dancing on the shelf" which makes no sense until you listen to a well-loved at our house Glee c.d. with a song on it called "Dancing With Myself." I'm pretty sure that's what she was going for. Either way, it's pretty darn cute.

No comments:
Post a Comment