As a last field trip for our little preschool group, we took the kiddos to the zoo for the letter z activity. I think Olivia informed every person working there that day that zoo starts with z and that was why we came. There were only four kids in the actual preschool group, but of course they all had siblings who came.

Checking out the map with one of our "teachers"

Posing like the peacock on the top of the fence.

Roooooaaaarrrrr!!!

After the zoo we ran some errands, and it must have tired out the poor little peanut, because this was the scene when we got home that afternoon.

That's pretty much how I felt, too!

The following week we held a little graduation celebration. I made Olivia wear nice clothes and let me do her hair, and then before we did the ceremony the girls went off and played dress-up for a while and then they didn't want to change back into regular clothes for the graduation. Figures. So here is my little graduating mermaid sporting one of the lovely hats David and I made the night before.

The class of Mommy Preschool 2011.

There go the hats in the air!

This was a fun and, I felt, effective way to get Olivia a little preschool education to get her ready for kindergarten. She probably would have been fine without it, but she really did seem to enjoy it. Hip-hip-hooray for the little graduates!
No comments:
Post a Comment