Monday, May 9, 2011

Three Cheers for Nesting!

With only a couple of weeks left until I was due, the nesting bug hit big-time and I have been working hard getting things ready for our little boy to show up! I have painted bunk beds for the girls, reorganized all of the clothes that were stored under Olivia's bed before that would no longer fit with the new beds, organized the boy clothes we have acquired, painted two walls in the nursery, arranged the room, reorganized the toy room, etc. I feel so ready--in so many ways--what's the hold-up little man?! Here are some prego pics of Sara and I on Saturday--she had her baby yesterday (Sunday)! I am soooo jealous ;)


Do you know how hard it is for two women nine months pregnant to hug? That was the inspiration for this little picture session--Sam saw us hug and couldn't help himself.


The little cousins can't wait to play!


Olivia in her new top bunk bed.


Aubrey in her big girl bottom bunk.


The set.

The baby boy's room--notice the blue in place of the purple that used to be in Aubrey's room! I have always wished for a more comfortable chair to nurse my babies in, because if you have ever nursed a baby, you know that you inevitably fall asleep while you are feeding them and end up sleeping half the night wherever you sat down to do it. Now I have a huge rocker/recliner to fall asleep in that takes up half the room, but I don't care!


His little closet with shelves full of baby boy blankets and drawers full of burp cloths and bibs. This is probably soooo boring to anyone else, but I just wanted to document the fact that I do at least attempt to be organized--it just doesn't always last!


The crib with the bedding set I found perfectly fitting for a boy of David's--trains, tractors, airplanes, cars, dump trucks, etc. All these scenes will be much cuter with a little baby boy in them, of course, so hurry up dude--we're all waiting!

5 comments:

  1. First of all, I don't think I even knew you were pregnant! Secondly, Ashton's room is also green and blue (although I think a bit lighter). And third, falling asleep while nursing is NOT something I ever did. Cry in agony? Yes. Sleep? I don't think so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to catch up! You are amazing! I wish we were closer and could be mommy friends too.. Can't WAIT to hear about baby boy!!!! SOOO exciting! Thinking of you, prayin' for ya, love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness, I am so glad that I checked your blog yesterday (Monday evening) because nobody called to tell us that Sara had her baby on Sunday. I hope that she and the baby are doing well.

    Your little boys room looks very cute. I am sending labor vibes your way so that you can hopefully meet your little guy soon.

    Also your girls look very excited about their beds. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for babies! I hope he is here already...or will be soon. :) Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers Leah! Yay for you, a little man! Maybe he's come already? The nursery is adorable, we just painted our nursery a light green also. What do you think you'll name him? We are lost on names, and we have to come up with two!! Good luck, you are in my prayers! Hope he has red hair like his beautiful Mamma!

    ReplyDelete